Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love is Patient... Who Knew?

I've learned more in the past few months about loving people and caring for them than I've learned in the span of my entire life. I've learned how to care about someone when thats the last thing I want to do. I've learned how to be selfless in the love and care that I show someone. I've learned how to put up with their mistakes because "love is patient." I've learned how to love like Christ by not minding when someone does something wrong. I've realized that if its hard for me to remain patient and loving through all of this, then I can't imagine how Christ felt when people treated him so badly and took advantage of the fact that he loved them, and how God feels when I do something wrong, ask for forgiveness, and then just do it all over again. He doesn't even experience that with just one person, he experiences it with billions.

Forgive me Father for hurting you every time I lie, steal, cheat, hurt someone, curse you, am unfaithful, and for all the other uncountable ways I hurt you. I don't know how to be perfect and I am clueless as to how to please you in every way. Show me, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog. I will follow your blog, never know, i might be able to learn from it as I am facing the same struggles as you are. Love in Christ, Kevin Stone.

    ReplyDelete