Friday, August 13, 2010

Realizing

I often find myself realizing the goodness of my gracious Savior.  Almost immediately afterward I find myself realizing that I should have made that previous realization much sooner.  Almost immediately after my second realization I have a third realization that I have realized his goodness before.
I always thought this was a bad thing.  I thought that if I was truly in love with my Lord then I would have remembered His goodness from the last time I experienced it.
God's goodness is never-ending.  Not only in time, but in depth and in volume.  My realizations never seem to end only because I'm realizing different levels and degrees and aspects of His goodness.  I'm not forgetting.  God's goodness isn't something you can ever fully comprehend, let alone the first time you realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment