Friday, March 20, 2009

Awkward.


I am so awkward.  Its true.  Three times today someone said something like, "What's up?" instead of "How are you?" and I could not think of how to respond.  In one instance I just kind of stammered and mumbled finally spitting out, "How are you?" hoping he hadn't noticed that I had no idea what I was saying.  The second and third time I decided to give a disclaimer after responding to the question with a well thought out, "Not much." It took me a while to get the words out though.  

I'm also awkward because if I want to say hello to someone who is not looking at me, either I will awkwardly look at them for a while until they look at me, or I will make some sort of movement that will ensure their noticing me, then I'll say some kind of awkward hello.  

I also don't like the sound of my voice a lot of the time.  It just sounds so different.  Of course, if I am in a place where I am comfortable like my home or with good friends, then it isn't as weird.  But if I'm in a place where I don't know many people, my voice just sounds so weird compared to everyone else's.  

Around certain people I'm very aware of what kind of facial expressions I'm making.  Around other people I'm very UNaware of the kind of facial expressions I'm making.  In both cases things can get awkward.

All in all, I'm simply an awkward person. [This post is in tribute to Mary Katherine -- "awkward":) ] picture taken by rh89

2 comments:

  1. Well you're my Toon...and i love your awkwardness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree that you can be awkward at times, but awkward makes things more fun and interesting! You're unpredictable :) I think most people have slight awkward tendencies...I sure do!!

    ReplyDelete