Thursday, March 26, 2009

Through Me

I want to write things that mean something. I don't want to write generically. I want to make impacts. I want to make people think. I want to be intuitive. I want to be different. I want to have a new perspective. I want to have my own ideas. I want people to read what I write and say that I am different, that I said something important.

I want to make music that changes people. I want people to hear the music I make and for them to have to think about it. I want to deliver pieces in such a way that people will start to think about the lyrics. I want to have passion in my voice.

I want to BE in a way that others notice. I want to look, act, talk, laugh, care, joke, love, promise differently. I want people to see something in me that they don't see in everyone else. I don't want to be normal. I don't want to be generic. I don't want to fit in. I don't want to blend.

But I can't.
HE can.

He will speak, act, sing, love, care, BE through me. That is all I need, all I want.
picture taken by: Katie Smith

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It says it all so wonderfully, for all of us; the desire and long for individuality in Christ. The urge and passion to make a difference for Him. I feel like you're writing the feelings of my heart. :) Beautiful, Katie.

    ReplyDelete