Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Nothing Here


I finding every reason to be gone
There's nothing here to hold on to.
Could I hold you?
--Sara Bareilles

This is how I feel.  Sometimes I will sit and think, and I'll try to find a reason for what I'm doing.  I'll try to find something that attracts me, something that I can't do without, something that I look forward to.  I like a lot of things.  I like my friends, my schooling, my position in Young Life, but I can't find anything that makes me want to stay here, on earth.  I want to be with my Father.  That is what I'm attracted to, that is what I cannot do without, and that is what I'm looking forward to.  Then I start to understand that my life here does count, and I need to live it for the glory of my Father.  If I really am looking forward to the time when I can be with him forever, then I'll live this life until He takes me as He wills, and I will live every moment for his glory.  
So, I am finding every reason to be gone.  I want to be with Him.  There doesn't really seem to be much here to hold on to, but I can hold onto Christ.  I can hold onto my Savior.  And one day he'll take me.

One day everything I'm looking forward to will be right in front of me. picture taken by Aster-oid

2 comments:

  1. your blog is amazing!
    i can really feel the love between u and your friends and family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for bringing new perspective to a great song!

    ReplyDelete