Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stuck on Myself


I was going to write something in here tonight, but not even halfway through it I realized how stupid I sounded.  I have been so stuck on myself lately.  So absorbed in what I want, what makes me happy, what makes me sad, what I need, what I said, who wants to be with me, who is my friend.  How does someone who claims to be so "unstuck" on herself end up becoming just the opposite and never noticing it?  I found out today that someone who I thought "had their eye on me" for most of last semester, really wanted me to realize just the opposite.  When I found out about this,  I thought something like, "Does nobody want me?" How selfish is that? Who am I kidding? There are plenty of people who want to be with me and love me very  much.  Just because some stupid guy doesn't have feelings for me anymore doesn't mean I don't have an entire army of people who are standing behind me, holding me steady with the love they give to me.  I also have a heavenly Father who loves me beyond compare. There is no one that has lived, is living, or will live that could love like he does.  I should need nothing else.  And right now thats all I'm standing on, really.  

But now I just need to love Him back.
picture taken by: jspad

No comments:

Post a Comment