Friday, June 5, 2009

This Christianity Thing

I cannot sleep. I don't know what it is that is keeping me awake, but my eyes won't shut. My mouth won't yawn. My muscles won't relax.

I sit in my bed, with my window open. I listen to the rain. I can feel it splash sometimes. It sounds wonderful. It is so soothing to listen to the consistent and easy sound of rain hitting the trees and the road and the roof. It is so wonderful to think about this creative creation that God has given us. Rain. Water in itself is a very peculiar compound. In its frozen state it is less dense than in its liquid state. It is, to the extent of my knowledge, only compound that does that. It keeps us alive. Without water I could not live for more than a few days. That shows how miraculous it is that Christ wandered the desert for 40 days without food or water. That feat is nothing short of a miracle. Water also keeps the world alive. The plants and the animals rely on it as well. Water also provides relief from hot weather. It is refreshing. Water also provides recreation like swimming, and water park amusements. No wonder God is compared to it.
God is the giver of all life. He is the sustainer of life. He keeps us alive, and not only that, he refreshes us. He makes things new. After a rain things do feel new. The grass is greener, the sky clears, and all the dirt is washed away. That's what God does for us. Our cloudy skies clear, and all of our nasty dirt and sins are washed away and our image is made clean. You may not think that water providing recreation relates to God in any way. That is not true, God provides plenty of fun for us to experience. He gives us breaks, and lets us let our hair down for times. We're never off-duty of being a christian, but he still lets us just hangout under his wing whenever we want to.

I really do love that God is the refresher of the earth. He makes all things new. Including me. He made me new. He's made me new plenty of times. He is graceful. He watches us. He keeps us. He does not EVER forsake us (forsake: to quit or leave entirely; abandon; desert). Why? Don't ask me. All I know is that he loves me, and I love Him back. Thats all there is to this Christianity thing.

*picture taken by: HaMeD!caL*

1 comment:

  1. Katie, this is beautiful. I love this. Your writing is so awesome. This is from a really great perspective. It reminds me of "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. I don't know if you've read it, but I'm about halfway through it and I really like it. It also reminds me of a recent conversation I had about how Christianity is so different from everything else: the relationship, the individuality, the personality... everything about God is just unreal. Any other religion just doesn't compare to the love, the perfection, the sacrifice of Christ. And I like how you said that God provide fun for us :) It's not just "religion." It's not just coming to church every Sunday and going to youth on Wednesdays... It's loving Him, being loved back, and being led into glory by our Father; and, above all of that, having inexpressible joy and happiness along the way. :) Ahh. Your writing is definitely a blessing to all who read it.

    P.s. I like the picture selection as well :D

    ReplyDelete