Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankfulness


Today was Thanksgiving. Well, not the day this is posted because I don’t have internet here.
Anyway, today was thanksgiving. I went to my aunt’s house and we had a big lunch with a bunch of family. I missed them. It’s been almost a year since I’ve seen some of them. It was great to have fun and all that, but as we were on our way home I was sitting in the car listening to some music and I realized that I had never thought about what I am thankful for. So, on the car ride home I tried to make a list in my head of different things that I am thankful for. Of course I have the obvious things, my family, my friends, my blessings. Then I thought of things that I miss being at school, things that I never realized that I was thankful for until I missed them. You never know what you’ve got until it’s gone… right? I am thankful for food prepared by people who love me, for long car rides with my family, for each person being a part of the puzzle that is my family, for sleeping beside my sisters, for sitting beside my brother in the car, for my little brother’s big hugs, for seeing my parents be wonderful, for lying on my cousins shoulder while she rubs my head, for more food than I could ever possibly eat, for goodnight kisses from my mom, for hearing my dad’s footsteps through the house, for my mom bringing laundry into my room already folded, for my uncle and my dad being so incredibly alike, for my grandpap loving me more than I could ever know, for my brother and his whistling, for jokes that are years old and yet we still talk about them, for not having to watch what I do or say, for my sister and our late night talks. I never thought that these things meant as much as they do to me. I feel horrible sometimes for minimizing them and what they mean, not only to me but to other people. I’m sorry.


I think I’m the luckiest person alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment