Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Gift


Father God,


I see the world around me and all it's problems. The fighting, the hurt, the hate, the carelessness, the sin, the pain, the starvation. The world is not a great place, and I contribute to the bad condition of this world. I see all these things, and I wonder... Why did you bless me? Why am I so lucky as to have been born into the most amazing family in the world, have incredible friends, have a love for You, have a love for others? Why am I able to walk, talk, see, hear, run, sing, play music, write these blogs, have a home, have food to eat? What did I do right?


Don't let me take for granted this great life you've given me. Please, Lord, I don't want to think that I deserve this, because I do not deserve any of it in the least. YOU gave it to me, YOU provide for me. Every moment, every breath, every song, every prayer, every step, every word, every look, every touch, EVERYTHING was given to me by YOU, Father! I am so grateful for this, Father.
.
I don't want to keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment