Sunday, October 5, 2008

My mocking voice...


Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished.


What an incredible verse!
The scene is Jesus on the cross. He is there because and ONLY because he is bearing my sin. He is dying the most painful death in history because He wants me to be able to have a relationship with Him. Everything I've ever done wrong is now HIS sin. Yet, I still am mocking Him. MY voice is the one that is calling out against Him. MY words hurt him, and stab him. MY hands beat his back and shove a painful crown over his brow. MY hands drive nails through his flesh. MY arms put the cross in the ground, and MY eyes watch Him die, laughing at his misery. MY sin is those nails, MY sin is the weight that drives him to suffocation, MY sin is the only thing keeping him on that cross. If it weren't for MY sin He wouldn't have to die in order to give me a relationship with Him. He breathes one last time, saying "It is finished," and then dies. He is gone, the Father has turned his face away from Christ.


Some may think they are good enough for God, that because they are saved that verses like these do not apply to them. What a ludicrous statement! Everyone of us, no matter how good we are (that includes Mother Teresa), had to have our sins taken by Christ. Saviour is no easy word, its nothing to throw around. Christ is our Saviour.



I'll never turn away from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment