Sunday, September 7, 2008

108 West Elm Street


108 West Elm St. I looked for this spot for 30 minutes at 10:30 this morning. I walked for 30 minutes trying to find it. Everytime I rounded a corner I expected it to be there, but it wasn't. I don't think I made a mistake though. Sure, I was tired this morning so I didn't want to have to get up early to go to the other church, but actually... having some time to myself did me more good than I thought. It's been two weeks since I've felt like I could really be alone and let my thoughts wander. The only time I get to experience this freedom is during my dreams. Other than that precious time of sleep, I am surrounded by people.

So maybe 108 West Elm St. was in a different place than I thought, maybe I didn't find it for a reason though. Maybe God wanted me to have those 30 minutes to myself. Maybe this was a little blessing in itself. I said to myself, "If I cannot praise God with others, then I'll just praise Him as I walk down Elm St." So I did. I talked to Him out loud, simply telling Him of my troubles, my experiences, whats going right, whats going wrong, thanking him for blessings, thanking Him for being unchanging, asking Him questions, and hearing His answers. It was a beautiful time of worship.


God doesn't need a stage, lights, music, and microphones to be there. He is with me always, and I can praise Him walking down Elm Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment