Friday, September 5, 2008

No such thing as a coincidence...

Ever had the uncontrollable desire to write? To form an opinion and put it on paper? To share your thoughts with the world? To express yourself through letters and commas and punctuation? I can't say I have, until now. There is not even a good reason for this desire, I simply had the sudden urge to write. I want to tell someone something, I want to express my thoughts, I want to form words and ideas and write them down. The problem is, I'm not much of a writer. I have never been much of a writer. From the time I was a child I always had a problem writing a beautiful, flowing paper. I've never been creative in writing, and I've never had good ideas for stories. When I was in first grade the best story I could come up with was "Billy and Sally went to go pick apples, Billy and Sally got lost, Billy and Sally found their way home. The End!" I guess its different though when I don't have to be creative, I only have to say what I'm thinking. So that's what I'm going to do, say what I'm thinking (or in this case, type).

Well, there is one more problem, I don't know what I'm thinking. Ten thousand things are going through my head and I can't pin them down. I can't seem to catch a thought and figure out what it means. They're all just up there in my head, swimming around, jumping all over the place, trying to get out. Silly thoughts, if they would just sit still I could get them out.

See, so I have a few problems... I'm not good at writing (but thats all I want to do right now) and I can't catch my thoughts (but I need to do that in order to write). What a confusing situation. Well, for the sake of my sanity let me try and pin one thing down that seems to be moving a little slower in my head. It's the one thing I can actually focus on at the moment.

Last night as I talked to my sister we talked about a situation she had been in. She wanted to love this person, even though this person was insulting her beliefs, and she simply wanted to help this person understand what they were saying. She was doing her best to be as loving and gentle and kind as possible, but this person would not hear of it. Every word she said came out as an attack, as a statement against them. After this conversation was over I went to read some scripture before I went to sleep. I have been reading through some of the New Testament, I went through 1 Corinthians and now I'm in Colossians. I read the last section of Colossians last night, and in Colossians 4:6 it says, "Let your conversation be full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."HOW AMAZING IS THE LORD? He knew I would need that passage at that time and that's just when he gave it to me. It amazed me that throughout 2 months of reading it just so happens that I landed on that verse on the PERFECT night! How incredibly amazing. I am truly learning lately that there are no such things as coincidences. God orchestrates everything (not just what goes on in one life, but every tiny detail in all 7 billion people's lives!). This is no joke, God is real. There is no question. God is present in our lives today, the bible is relevant today. Doubt the existence of God? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment