Saturday, September 6, 2008

Unexpected Blessing


I didn't want to come here. As soon as I got here I wanted to leave. This place was like a prison to me, a place that wanted me to suffer and be away from the ones I love. To have the wonderful relationships that I have from home develop distance.


But in reality I have made some amazing friends here. I've met some wonderful people who are funny, caring, beautiful, comfortable people some of which are believers as I am, some of which are not. I am actually deepening relationships from home as well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Well, I always thought it didn't, but now I see that it does. I realize who the people are that really care about me and I am able to develop those ones.


I guess leaving, being away, and missing people has actually turned itself into its own unexpected blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment