Sunday, September 14, 2008

It will be defeated


What is the point?


It is not appealing. It is not attractive. It does not help your case. It does not interest people. It makes you look dumb. It hurts others. It causes problems between friends. It makes me frustrated. It makes my friends frustrated. It makes me sad. It causes drama. It starts rumors. It creates awkwardness. It does not excite me. It drives people away. It makes people want to give up. It peovides a feeling of hopelessness. It is discouraging. It is mean. It is disrespectful. It is not impressive. It is the tongue of the devil.


When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44b


Do you really want to be like the devil? Does the idea of speaking the same language of Satan seem attractive to you? Do you think that you will get anywhere with lies?


Well, you shouldn't, it shouldn't, and it won't.


The devil is a manipulator. What person wants to be known as a manipulator?


"Manipulate: To tamper with or falsify for personal gain"


I know I don't want to be known as one who falsifies things in order to make myself look better. Nobody is perfect, and I'm sure I've done it before. I'm sure we've all done it before. I am not trying to say that I don't manipulate. But I do not do it on purpose. I hate liars, I hate to lie. I hate when people think that I will think more of them because they lied.


In the end the devil will be defeated. The Lord will overcome and the devil will be defeated in the end. Therefore, all sin will be defeated.


The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Revelation 12:9


He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:2


He will be defeated. God has a reason for letting him reside in the world. We have free will to do what we want, God wants to win us over. He wants us to follow him because we love him, not because its in our programming. It is though, we long to love. Why do you think that everyone longs for relationships, and to have someone to love them, and to be important? BECAUSE GOD MADE US TO LOVE HIM! But there is sin in the world, and that creates another factor. Our nature is to be sinful people, but once we find the Lord we know that He is the only way to go.


I'm sorry, I got off on a tangent there. I do that sometimes. The point is...

don't lie. It hurts and disappoints people. I hate lies. I love people, but I don't like to be manipulated. The ending of this blog was meant to be more powerful, but I got too excited in that last paragraph so now I can't get back into my groove.


Just know that the devil, along with all sin (lies included), will be crushed under the Lord's heel. The Lord will be victorious. Which side do you want to be on?

No comments:

Post a Comment