Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A whisper in a screaming crowd


I'm pretty sure that I have the most outrageous fear. Who in the world is scared of Heaven? It is more incredible than I can imagine, I get to be in the constant presence of God, I get to worship Him always, I get to spend forever with the God I love and the people I love. So, why am I scared?


Forever. Eternity. Inifinity. Timelessness. Endlessness. Perpetuity. Ceaselessness. Everlastingness. The totality of time without beginning or end.


Does this not scare the living daylights out of anyone else?


My life is but a whisper in a screaming crowd, a wave upon the shore, a drop in the ocean, a grain of sand in the Sahara, a 'blip' on the radar, a page in an endless book. I am nothing. Time has existed since Adam and Eve. In all that has happened since then there have been only a few persons remembered. Trillions have lived. My life means nothing to others. Then I will die, and my soul will go to be with my creator for all eternity.


Eternity scares me. Can I please just block it out?


No comments:

Post a Comment